This page will introduce you how to setup rclUE enabled UE project and run example.
Please check rclUE documentation for ROS 2 basic tutorial with rclUE.
Setup and run UE Project
Download the lastest UE5 for Linux by following Unreal Engine for Linux.
Clone and build
git clone `turtlebot3-UE <https://github.com/rapyuta-robotics/turtlebot3-UE/>`_ cd turtlebot3-UE ./update_project_files.sh make turtlebot3Editor
* devel branch is supported to run with Ubuntu 20.04 with ROS 2 foxy.
* jammy branch is supported to run with Ubuntu 22.04 with ROS 2 humble.
Open turtlebot3-UE/Content/Maps/turtlebot3_benchmark.umap and Play.
Since the prooject is set to use ROS2 with Discovery Server to communicate with ROS2 Node in UE, you needs to execute source turtlebot3_UE/fastdds_setup.sh.
* In jammy branch, you can execute ./run_editor false to run project without Discovery Server.
Control from ROS2 2
turtlebot3_benchmark.umap has default turtlebot waffle robot in the level. You can replace that with other turtlebot3.
- Control robot from teleop
ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard
- Control robot with nav2
ros2 launch nav2_bringup tb3_simulation_launch.py use_simulator:=False map:=<path to turtlebot3-UE>/Content/Turtlebot3_benchmark.yaml
* If you start with ROS 2 Discovery Server, you needs to source turtlebot3_UE/fastdds_setup.sh in terminal beofre executing following command.